facebook youtube twitter pinterest rss bookbub

EMBRACE THE TWILIGHT, THE MOVIE

Yes, you can watch it now. EMBRACE THE TWILIGHT was the last film that moviemaker Carlos Dunn ever made and that honors me. The film was straight from his heart. His love for my vampire novels touched me deeply. We bonded during the creation of the film. Carlos passed...

They're here

Did you see the 60 minutes story on UFOs last night. They call them UAPs for Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon, which I guess makes it feel less undignified to run with the story. But as my mentor Bill Shakespeare wrote, "a rose by any other name something something it's...

Old Broad Stuff

I'm being a grown-up and doing medical stuff for the first time in...ever. I mean, I pretty much stopped getting checkups when I stopped reproducing. I only went to the doctor when one of my kids was sick or injured, and today I only go to the vet when one of the dogs...

Rachel's Rants

It's me, Rachel de Luca. You might recognize me from the Brown and de Luca thrillers. If you haven't read them, come back when you have. So here's the thing. If the bullshit I write about is true, then why the hell aren't Mason and I married by now? Yeah, things got...

We miss our grandkids!

I miss my grandkids. We all miss our freaking grandkids. It's been brutal, hasn't it? But there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

This Changed Everything

I've been a lifelong dieter. Every minute of my 59 years, I have been trying to change the shape of my body by restricting what I eat, which meant depriving myself of my favorite foods. My whole damn life.

This year, all that changed. I am eating all I want of everything I want and watching my body re-shape itself around me to reflect the latest evolution of the person inside. I've lost 15 lbs without counting a calorie or depriving myself of anything I desire. It's like a switch has been flipped.

Birthdays

Well, here I am just past my latest birthday, which is making me ponder what it means to be 59. I'm pretty sure it's not what I was expecting as I enter the final year of my fifties and stare into the headlights of the big 6-0, next stop on this highway. I'm unwilling...

Curious About Going Plant-Based?

Even if you're only trying one plant-based meal a day or one a week, you will do your health and your planet a world of good! So for those who are curious and exploring, I thought I would give you the benefit of our 3 full weeks of insights and a couple of meal ideas!...

The New Holidays

When I was a kid, Christmas was everything. My childhood had its challenges, which I just listed and then deleted because it matters not a bit. Anyway, it was rough. But for some reason, we always had a huge Christmas. When I was really small, my Grandma Wood had an...

Paranormal Romance – In the beginning

Back in the Day... Back in the late 80s and early 90s, "Paranormal romance" was not a term anyone had ever heard or used. There wasn't a genre and authors couldn't sell a paranormal book to a legitimate book publisher even if they tried. I know, because I was trying....

BEHIND THE SERIES: The Immortals

The Immortals is a series like none I have ever written before or since, and it is only right this moment that I realize it came from more places than I used to think. Of course, there are no original ideas, but the Highlander films and TV series thrilled me straight...

A Journey Through the Dark

How are you all doing? Here on our little 5-acre farm we call Serenity, it feels quieter. The energy seems to have shifted somehow. I can almost feel the slowdown in the air. There are many good things happening because of this. (Bad things always inspire the creation...

How are your resolutions going?

We are right on the brink of February, and this is the point on the calendar where New Year's Resolutions fall like snowflakes. I've been thinking about that as my own will power begins to waver, and I have a few suggestions to help keep those goals and intentions...