facebook youtube twitter pinterest rss bookbub

Summer's End Update

I am never sorry to see summer end, because I love autumn so much. I love the smell of the leaves. I love the crisp apple bite to the air. I love the sun letting me sleep a little later. I love the cooler days, and clear skies, and the brilliant foliage is my idea of...

New Summer Reads!

Spring is finally here, in rural Cortland County NY, although there's still snow in the woods, and this morning was a brisk 22 degrees with a heavy frost on the ground. I'm getting lots of letters from readers, who apparently, having seen my new non-fiction book all...

Loving What I Do

I'm in the midst of creative fire, and I want to tell you how it happened. A Scenic Detour This spring, I devoted some serious time to a non-fiction book I'd been writing in fits and starts, a paragraph here, a page there, for the past two years. I was having trouble...

New Look for the Texans

For today's authors, maintenance of the back list (older titles) is every bit as important as creating new front list (new titles.) And so this week, while my cover designer had some free time in her schedule, we've been working together to give my most popular...

Shine On Excerpt

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT 2017 BY MAGGIE SHAYNE LEWIS. COPYING & PASTING OR ANY OTHER SHARING OF THIS MATERIAL IS A FEDERAL CRIME Maggie Shayne's SHINE ON OKLAHOMA Chapter One Dax Russell hit the double doors running, only to be met by a nurse and an orderly....

Fiona Files, Episode One

Here's PART 1 of this 2017's FREE WINGS IN THE NIGHT SERIAL. PART 9 goes out this month (September.) There will be 12 total. To get all existing episodes and receive future ones as they are released (one a month) click the sign up button below. [button...

Summer's End

Changing Seasons... Our temperatures here on top of my little mountain in rural Cortland County, New York, dropped into the low forties overnight. Not a frost, not yet. They had warnings two counties east, though. The leaves are changing. Entire hillsides are peppered...

Everything New Again

This our end of summer update, posted August 1st. Return to GooglePlay We are gradually, title by title, making our books available on GooglePlay Books. This will take some time, and we'll be doing it series by series starting with Shattered Sisters and By Magic. By...

Embrace, the Movie

Embrace the Twilight is being made into a movie by independent producer Carlos Dunn's Vampires2 FILMS. Filming on the project begins in June 2017 and actress Jovani Rampersad has been signed to play the lead, Gypsy vampiress Sarafina. We are only days away from...

Summer News!

Hello again readers! Welcome to the merry merry month of May. So far it's dreary, cold and wet, but we'll be grateful for all this rain later on. 2017 So Far....   Suspense: The Sisters So far this year, I've managed to create, edit and release the final two...

Springtime News

Happy March! We've had so many signs of an early spring here in the southern part of Central New York that we're all grumbling now that it has turned into winter again. (Wind, snow, cold, brrrrr!) But the cold snap is going to be a short one, and then it's back to the...